Hold or be undertaking requirements to gain AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
Together with your application form, submit the following:
- Copy of the Vocational Education and Training Statement of Attainment for these units of competency issued with the certificate above by the same organization.Note if the equivalent units are insufficient you will be required to undertake the full AUSTSWIM course.
An example of what units of competency will be listed on the Statement of Attainment are listed below:
- SISCAQU311A Foster the development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment
- If applicable one of the following certificates – Active Training, Swim Australia
COMPLETE Steps 1 through 3 below
Three Step Process to AUSTSWIM Accreditation and Licence
Infant and Preschool Aquatics
Step 1. Complete the application form and pay the applicable fee.
Step 2. Attend the following training specific to the Extension Accreditation.
Step 3. Attend as a minimum the practical sessions of the 1 day course (approximately 3 hours) and successfully complete areas of study and assessment which include;
- Lesson planning and practical delivery (Water familiarization and Aquatic skill development)
- Continuous Aquatic Sequence
Note assessment consists of demonstrating a range of micro teaching activities to a small group of learners (1 activity per subject area as set). The applicant will be provided the micro teaching lesson plan on enrolment to complete and bring with them on the day.
Complete the following post course requirements:
- Online theory assessment, this includes agreeing to and signing confirmation of your willingness to abide with and commitment to:
- The AUSTSWIM Declaration
- The AUSTSWIM Teachers Code of Behaviour
- Complete the workplace based training element
- Undertake practical teaching assessment (with an AUSTSWIM registered Assessor)
- Submit a current photo ID for inclusion on your licence
- Provide copy of current CPR award