The purpose of this policy is to ensure AUSTSWIM manages a valid and verified Unique Student Identifier (USI) for all candidates prior to the issuance of any Certificate and/or Statement of Attainment (SOA).
AUSTSWIM’s CEO is firstly responsible to ensure that all areas of its operations are regularly reviewed and ensuring that the current Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 are met. It is the responsibility of the AUSTSWIM General Manager Operations to ensure that this policy is adhered to.
By following the process outlined below, AUSTSWIM aims to:
• Apply a standard process to acquire and verify USIs;
• Not issue any certificates and/or SOA without a USI
• Report a USI for every candidate undertaking nationally accredited training at the time of submitting AVETMISS data as part of the National VET Provider Collection
• Upon enrolment candidates will be required to inform AUSTSWIM of their existing USI via AUSTSWIM Enrolment Form.
• If the candidate cannot remember their USI or does not have one, then candidates can contact the USI Registry for assistance at 1300 857 536.
• In the instance where candidate does not have USI, candidates are to advise AUSTSWIM upon receipt of the number to update on the system.
• AUSTSWIM will upload the USI for all candidate as part of the NCVER Reporting obligations and as per respective State Funding Contracts.
• The certificate and/or SOA cannot be issued without the USI on file. Candidates are informed of this at time of enrolment (AUSTSWIM Enrolment Form) and in the AUSTSWIM candidate Information guide. Note: Certificates and SOAs must not include the USI.
Recording USI and Privacy of Personal Information
A candidate’s USI is verified directly through AUSTSWIM candidate management system ORAMS connecting to the USI Registry to ensure this information is obtained and later noted for issuance of awards.
REFERENCES AND KEY DOCUMENTS
Related legislation, publications and key documents:
• AUSTSWIM Enrolment Form
• AUSTSWIM Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice Declaration
• AUSTSWIM Candidate Information Guide
• AUSTSWIM Records Management Policy and Procedure
• AVETMISS Reporting
• Student Identifiers Act
• CLAUSE 3.6: Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015