- SISCAQU002 Perform basic water rescues
- SISCAQU008 Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills
- SISCAQU009 Instruct water safety and survival skills
- SISCAQU010 Instruct swimming strokes
For more information please view our Candidate Information Guide.
This interactive course is delivered in a blended format, consisting of theory and practical components. It requires attendance at a face-to-face training session over two full days and the successful completion of an online interactive component. Candidates are also required to complete supervised industry training in a swim teaching environment in a range of conditions.
The course consists of theory and practical components:
- Theory component – topics may be offered through classroom attendance or selected topics via AUSTSWIM’s e-learning centre.
- Practical component – involves swimming activities that may be carried out in shallow or deep water.